- Bunnings Group Limited (trading as Adelaide Tools) (Adelaide Tools) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it. In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, and what controls you have over our use of it.
- This policy is available on our website at www.adelaidetools.com.au .
Collection of information
- Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified.
- The types of personal information that Adelaide Tools may collect about you includes:
- name, gender, date of birth and age;
- identification information, including signature, driver’s licence number and student identification number;
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details of a family member you register for an in-store event, competition or promotion, including name and age;
- details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
- vehicle number plate details;
- employer or business details;
- digital information, such as cookies, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked;
- financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history;
- images from video surveillance and other cameras in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances); and
- if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
- The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
- if you purchase or order any product from us;
- if you visit an Adelaide Tools store or if you contact with Adelaide Tools, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to Adelaide Tools;
- if you interact with Adelaide Tools via social networking services;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- if you apply for a credit account with Adelaide Tools;
- via our security cameras or other cameras installed in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
- if you undertake any of Adelaide Tools’ induction, safety or compliance processes;
- if you engage, request or seek a quotation for a service from a third party that we use to provide a service to you; or
- if you submit an employment application to us.
- We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, internet search platforms and social media platforms;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to Adelaide Tools;
- credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for a credit account with Adelaide Tools;
- any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
- our related companies.
Use and disclosure of personal information
- We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
- Adelaide Tools may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis or seeking feedback from customers;
- to determine your product or service preferences and preferred store locations, or to direct you to your closest store when using our websites or mobile applications;
- to undertake data processing, data analysis, market research or trend analysis;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
- to monitor customer traffic in our stores and identify high traffic areas or frequently visited locations in our stores;
- to monitor the use of our websites or mobile applications, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assess any application that you make to us for a credit account, of any nature;
- to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection in our stores (including car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
- to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
- We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with Adelaide Tools’ marketing, advertising and events;
- third parties who provide services to Adelaide Tools in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis activities monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for a credit account, of any nature;
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to Adelaide Tools in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- Adelaide Tools’ professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to Adelaide Tools;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- related companies of Adelaide Tools.
Transfer of information overseas
- Some of our service providers may be located overseas or may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. We may also provide your personal information to related companies of Adelaide Tools that are located overseas. Therefore, the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas. The jurisdictions in which the personal information you provide to us may be held include Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
- You have the option of dealing with Adelaide Tools anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Marketing, advertising and customer insights
- As part of Adelaide Tools’ functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, Adelaide Tools may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, Adelaide Tools or third parties sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about Adelaide Tools’ products and services. Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receiving such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by using the opt out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication or sending an email to Adelaide Tools ’ Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
- We may collect, use or disclose information about you in order to combine the information that we hold about you with information about you collected from or held by other trusted partners or from public sources. We may do this to enable us to derive insights about you. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use trusted service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights. If you don't want us to develop and use these insights about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and storage
- Adelaide Tools will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, Adelaide Tools seeks to ensure that personal information in paper form is held securely and personal information held electronically by or for Adelaide Tools is held on secured servers in controlled facilities.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, Adelaide Tools cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to Adelaide Tools over the internet.
Access to, and correction of, personal information
- You have the right under applicable Australian privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by Adelaide Tools, at no cost to you. Requests should be made as set out under the heading “How to contact Adelaide Tools” below.
- Adelaide Tools may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
- Adelaide Tools will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
- If Adelaide Tools refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if Adelaide Tools refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal. If you object to the refusal, you may make a complaint in the manner indicated under the heading “Questions and complaints” below.
Questions and complaints
- If you have a question or complaint about this policy, Adelaide Tools’ collection of your personal information or the way in which Adelaide Tools deals with your personal information, this should be directed to Adelaide Tools’ Privacy Officer using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact Adelaide Tools” below.
- We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with Adelaide Tools’ proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to resolve that complaint:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
- Adelaide Tools’ website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third-party website from Adelaide Tools’ website, personal information about you may be collected by that third-party website. Adelaide Tools is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third-party website. Adelaide Tools encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third-party website that you access.
How to contact Adelaide Tools
- You can contact us in writing or by email as set out below:
Adelaide Tools’ Privacy Officer
175 Railway Terrace
Mile End, SA, 5035
Changes to this policy
- Adelaide Tools may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website.